Sunday, July 19, 2009

Taking off to Malay Peninsula trip

The journey that I've planned since August last year will finally become reality. After a long-year wait, a journey from Batam to Bangkok, together with a friend of mine will start this afternoon. We used to take off at 6.40 this morning, but eventually the flight has been delayed until 12.30. By that, we have some times to prepare, sleep and breath a while (between my busy and chaotic schedule after loosing my o2 phone), we actually had a BBQ party last night celebrating my brother's birthday.


things left to be packed, messy!

Our itinerary is quite tight, visiting and transiting cities along the Peninsula. Between Batam to Bangkok we might probably have Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hat Yai, Krabi, Ko Phi Phi, Ko Lanta, Phuket, Surat Thani, and Ko Samui. All trip is by land or by the sea. Not much, it's only a 10 days journey. I'm so excited about this trip since it is the most unprepared trip I have ever! I don't have any Bus/Train/Ferry tickets yet along the journey (except my AirAsia cheap cheap ticket), haven't known yet the name of any hostel I would be staying at, nor having my backpack packed 2 hours before leaving to the airport. What I know is that this journey might not be easy with all the language barrier and lack of facility travelling in Southeast Asia (when compared to trips I've done in Europe and America). However, I've been looking forward to this trip and hopeful for it to be very refreshing. See you in 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment